Storytelling for change
Hi! I am Marysela. My biggest passion is to envision better realities for everyone. I believe 3 things:
1. Arts and culture make people happier,
2. Most of our world problems can be solved through gender equality and,
3. We should be in a constant pursuit of new narratives to make this world a better place.
I have many passions:
- Arts, Cultural and Social entrepreneur.
- Gender advocate working with women and young leaders from Costa Rica, Latin America, Kenya, Africa and most recently Bangladesh, Asia.
- Citizen engagement, disinformation and democracies
- Founder and CEO of Nosotras Women Connecting.
- Head of the Americas Chapter, DCN Global.
- Spokeperson, strategist and lobbyist of the national campaing on menstrual health “Cambiemos la Regla”
- Artistic and General Director of the Costa Rica Theatre Company of the Ministry of Culture and Youth, 2020-2022 during Carlos Alvarado Quesada Administration.
- Independent producer of performing arts, films, opera, musical theatre, film festivals, among others.
- I design cultural and social projects from human centered perspective
- I am a storyteller, creative, director and producer
- I develop, manage and support communties of leaders in diverse areas.
I am a fellow in:
- Study of the U.S. Institutes SUSIs, 2009
- Community Solutions Program, 2014.
- Young Leaders of the Americas Initiative , 2017.
- WEAmericas: Women Entrepreneus from Central America, 2018
I have some awards:
- Awarded Social Leader of Latin America 2019 by The Global School of Social Leaders
- “SDG’s and Her” 2020 global winner representing the Americas
- Lúdico Film Festival, Best Costa Rican Shortfilm for “Any Other Day”, written and directed by Marysela Zamora
Some quite nice opportunities I’ve been given:
- I was a FORBES Speaker
- I have my own TEDx Talk
- I served as member of the Costa Rica Presidential Women’s Council 2020-2022, lead by Vicepresident Epsy Cambell Barr.
- I’ve been working with UNICEF Costa Rica for 5 years creating initiavies for children and teenagers. Also, I have directed and produced films and comunication strategies to promote childrens rights for Costa Rican and international audiences.
I went to school:
Facultad de Ciencias Sociales de Latinoamérica (FLACSO)Diploma in Governance and Public Innovation (2022)
Organization of American States, Washington DC, USA Diploma in Inclusion and Human Rights (2022)
Thunderbird School of Global Management, Arizona State University, USA , Accelerator Program for Women Entrepreneurs (WEAmericas Program)- 2018-2019
Young Leaders of the Americas Initiative 2017 – Notre Dame University, South Bend, USA, Entrepreneurship & Leadership Program. October, 2017 – November, 2017
Community Leadership Institute & George Mason University, Fairfax, VA, USA Community Leadership Program. August, 2014 – December, 2014
Universidad de Costa Rica (2005-2011) BSc. in Mass Media with an emphasis in audiovisual production. Honor graduation (2011). Graduate in Mass Media. Studies on Journalism and Public Relations.